Many people opt for paints rather than for wallpaper, because they think that paste wallpaper much more work. This is mainly because these people have never wallpapered themselves. In this blog we explain why you should wallpaper and how you should approach this.
The pro's of paste wallpaper
With wallpaper you can show your own style in your interior much better than if you paint your wall. It lets the space speak more. For example, are you crazy about nature? Then you choose a beautiful photo wallpaper of a beautiful landscape. In addition to that paste wallpaper does more for your interior, it is also cheaper than painting your wall. But while paint may seem cheaper at first, it's actually wallpaper. Wallpaper lasts longer. Our non-woven photo wallpaper is waterproof and UV resistant.
Paste wallpaper: What do you need?
- Vlieseline wallpaper glue
- glue brush
- Stanley knife
- Soft sponge or cloth
Working with paste wallpaper
- Before you start, the wall you go on must paste wallpaper be as smooth as possible first. non-woven wallpaper can camouflage small irregularities, but holes and the like must be made first.
- Untreated walls, such as a freshly plastered wall, must first be prepared with a primer
- Ensure a constant room temperature that is not too warm, so that the wallpaper glue does not dry too quickly.
- For the best result, it is important that the first strip is glued straight to the wall. As preperation for paste wallpaper, draw a plumb line on the wall with a pencil using a spirit level.
For fleece wallpaper to stick apply the glue to the surface (just slightly wider than the strip width of the wallpaper). Then you apply the first wallpaper strip. You have to stick this as straight as possible. For a smooth result, iron the wallpaper with a dry brush or cloth. Always iron the wallpaper from the center to the edge. Place the next lane tightly against the previously placed lane. And so on. Cut away any unnecessary wallpaper with a utility knife. If you make a mistake, you can still remove the non-woven wallpaper. Do this before the glue has dried. Glue stains can be removed with a slightly damp cloth or sponge.
Different types of wallpaper
Have you made the choice to go? paste wallpaper, then you've come to the right place. We have different types of wallpaper† In our range we have non-woven photo wallpaper, self-adhesive photo wallpaper and also wallpaper circles.
Take a quick look at our range of wallpaper!
hope you find paste wallpaper after reading this article not such a scary idea anymore. You now have all the supplies and tips in a row and can get started. The only thing you're missing is a nice wallpaper from our range.